- Healthcare reminders. Messages may include reminders such as preventive health screenings, flu shots, mammograms, colonoscopy, etc.
- Benefit and plan information. Messages may include information about services covered under your plan, cost sharing, finding a network provider, alerts when a provider you have an appointment with is not in the network.
- Optum Pharmacy Home Delivery. Messages may include reminders when your medication needs to be refilled or is ready to be sent.
- Pharmacy plan information. Messages may include important information about your pharmacy plan or authorization.
- Medication reminders. Specific or general reminders when it’s time to take your medication.
- Claims, billing and payment. Messages may include notifications that a claim has been received or processed, or a premium is due.
- Program and services. Messages may include information about programs that are available to you such as; diabetes, heart conditions, cancer care, wellness, weight management, quit smoking, etc.
- Appointment scheduling and reminders. Messages may include confirmations, reminders or cancellations.
We both agree that the only way to end text messages for a specific texting program is to reply STOP. You understand and approve that replying STOP to one texting program will not opt you out of all programs that you are enrolled in. You must reply STOP to each texting program that you no longer want to be a part of.
In all programs, you may text HELP for help. Text messages may be sent to your mobile number using an automatic dialing system. Message and Data rates may apply. Text messaging may not be available from all carriers.
IF YOU NO LONGER WANT TEXT MESSAGES FROM US, YOU MUST REPLY STOP TO EACH TEXTING PROGRAM YOU ENROLLED IN.
After you send "STOP" to us, we may send you a message to make sure that you no longer want to get text messages from that program. After this, you will no longer get text messages from us from that texting program. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending text messages to you for the programs you have signed up for.
We do not guarantee the successful delivery of text messages by your wireless provider. Messages sent by text may not be delivered if the mobile device is not in range of a transmission site, or if the network is down. Factors beyond the power of wireless carriers may get in the way of message delivery. This may include the terrain, how close you are to buildings, foliage, weather, and your equipment. We and your wireless provider will not be liable for losses or damages that come from:
- a message not delivered, a message delivered late, or
- a message that goes to the wrong number; or
- inaccurate or incomplete content in a text message.
We are not liable for your use or reliance on the content of any text message.
We can deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). ***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. If you have questions about services or your plan, call the toll-free member number on your ID card.
Privacy & security
Please update us right away if your mobile number changes. It is your responsibility to give a correct mobile number and to update any changes. If you don’t give us your new mobile number, we are not responsible for any text message sent to the wrong number.
We recommend you use a password to open your mobile device. Text messages may include protected health information (PHI). Since text messaging is unencrypted, there is a risk that this PHI could be intercepted or viewed by third parties, including others who look at your device. When you choose to get text messages from us, you do so at your own risk. The use and disclosure of PHI in text messaging may be governed by other privacy notices, including applicable HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
1We and Us means Optum, Inc. and their affiliated companies